Maintenance, repair and overhaul operations (MRO) greatly benefit not only from YQG’s aviation infrastructure, but also from access to low cost land and the logistics capabilities of the region. Our proximity to large transportation hubs such as those in Detroit, Chicago, and Toronto provide access to skilled manufacturing, bountiful labour forces, and post-secondary educational institutions.
Windsor International Airport’s wide range of aviation and commercial possibilities creates a dynamic atmosphere for businesses prepared to take on the world. Learn more about locating your maintenance, repair, overhaul operation at YQG! (link to PDF)
Better at Business: Competitive Advantages at YQG
The competitive advantages of establishing your MRO business at the Windsor International Airport include:
- Abundance of developable land dedicated to MRO activity. The available land has excellent accessibility to airfield and transportation routes;
- YQG’s airport fees, land lease rates, air navigation fees and facility/operating costs are among the lowest in Canada;
- Uncongested and continuous access to landing and ground engine runs at the Airport. There are no noise or load restrictions currently and the airfield can accommodate any size or type of aircraft;
- Access to a readily available, skilled labour workforce in the region;
- YQG offers full support services, equipment and facilities to ensure efficient movement of shipments, aircraft and crew:
- Control Tower operational daily from 6:30 am – 10:30 pm;
- Airfield open (uncontrolled) in off hours with no established noise curfews.
- Comprehensive ramp services including fuel and de-icing (Types 1 & 4) for all aircraft types.
- Aircraft fire fighting services available continuously upon request;
- 24/7 Canadian customs clearance services available for cross-border movement of crews, aircrafts and parts;
- Canada’s southernmost climate allows for reduced de-icing costs, flight delays and environmental concerns;
- Close proximity to largest aviation markets in Canada and the U.S.
AAR Aircraft Services Windsor – ULC
4000 County Road 42
Phone: +1 (519) 966-1500
AAR is the largest independent MRO provider in North America, serving a global customer base. We provide major maintenance inspections, modifications, upgrades, refurbishments and painting for a diverse range of aircraft OEM platforms, including Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier and Embraer. We operate 2 million square feet of hangar space, and our global team of AMTs is ready to help you keep your fleet flying safely and generating revenue.
The Transport Canada, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approved Windsor facility opened in 2012 and comprises of 143,000 sq. ft. of hangar space. In addition to those services listed above, AAR Aircraft Services Windsor also provides Line Maintenance and AOG services for multiple aircraft types.
2600 Airport Rd #108,
Windsor, ON N8V 1A1
Phone: +1 (519) 972-7271
Fax: +1 (519) 972-8355
WCS Aviation is a leading privately owned aircraft maintenance and overhaul facility. It is a Canadian Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO). The company has been servicing and supporting its customer base for over 15 years with experience on single and dual engine piston aircraft from vintage warbirds to high performance twins.
As one of the Canada’s premier economic development sites, Windsor International Airport (YQG) offers the perfect fit for aviation-based businesses and operations including aircraft support services or maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities.
The 20-year Airport Master Plan identifies a variety of different potential land uses such as maintenance, repair and overhaul services, as future land development options. Specifically, the MRO development area is ‘shovel-ready’ with easy access to all services, new taxiways and access to the City road network.
For more information or schedule an onsite tour, please contact the Business Development Office at +1 (519) 969-2430.