Travelling by plane in Canada?
You MUST wear a mask throughout the entire travel journey. The only times you can remove your mask is for brief periods while eating, drinking, or taking oral medication.
In the Airport
While the Province of Ontario has lifted all COVID-19 restrictions, a face covering is required in federally regulated areas such as pre-board security screening, post security waiting area, deplaning an aircraft and on board your flight.
YQG requests that only ticketed passengers enter the terminal area. If you are not wearing a face covering you may be approached by staff to request that you put one on to comply. There are exceptions to the mandatory face covering mandate:
- Children under the age of two or the developmental age of five who refuse or cannot be persuaded to wear a face covering.
- Persons with an underlying medical condition which inhibits their ability to wear a face covering.
- Persons who are unable to place or remove a face covering without assistance.
- Persons who are reasonably accommodated by not wearing a face covering under the Human Rights Code.
- Persons while receiving services involving the face and requiring temporary removal of the face covering.
- Temporary removal of the face covering is required for:
- Identification purposes; or
- To facilitate communication with persons with disabilities;
- For the sole purpose of eating or drinking.
Dedicated Entrances and Exit Doors
To reduce foot traffic conflict and facilitate safe movement, dedicated entrance and exit doors have been clearly marked.
The terminal has a number of positive guidance signs to direct passengers as well as social distance markers to encourage social distancing.
YQG encourages the use of the short-term parking area for passenger drop-off. YQG encourages only ticketed passengers to enter the terminal area.
Please do not enter the terminal area if you are experiencing any of the symptoms related to COVID-19. For further information related to COVID, please consult the following:
- Public Health Agency of Canada Website: Visit canada.ca/coronavirus
- Toll-free information line: 1-833-784-4397
- Twitter feed: twitter.com/GovCanHealth
For the latest Canadian government travel advice and advisories, visit the following page: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories.
We can all do our part to create a healthy environment for all workers and patrons. Thank you for your cooperation, your patronage, and your support.
CEO, YQG Inc. (Windsor International Airport)